Our 90 Micron Vacuum Pouches are for customers that like to use a thicker pouch for packing meats that are on the bone or to make the pack more rigid.
Vacuum Pouches – Uses and Applications
Long term storage of dry foods: Nuts, cereals, cured meats, cheese, smoked fish, coffee, crisps and powders.
Short term storage of fresh foods: Vegetables, meats, fish, liquids i.e. soups
Frozen foods: Vacuum pouches prevent freezer burn by shielding food from exposure to the cold, dry air. Freezer burn occurs when the surface of frozen food becomes dehydrated, leading to a leathery appearance and impaired flavour.
Vacuum pouches are used storing foodstuffs; which can extend its life by up to five times. Vacuum packaging creates an airless environment to prevent food from spoiling.
Vacuum packing is a method of storing food which can extend its life by up to five times. The packaging creates an airless environment to prevent food from spoiling.
This is achieved by:
- Preventing the growth of microorganisms
- Removing atmospheric oxygen
- Limiting the growth of aerobic bacteria or fungi
- Preventing the evaporation of volatile components
We offer a comprehensive range of over 100 sizes of vacuum pouches, with features including:
- Tinted Vacuum Pouches – Clear, Blue Tint, Black Tint, Yellow Tint, Green Tint, Purple Tint.
- Various Thickness Pouches – we stock 50 micron, 65 micron, 70 micron, High Barrier 80 micron and 90 micron.
- Tubular pouches
- Our vacuum pouches are cookable up to 90ºC and suitable for ‘Sous Vide’ cooking.
- High puncture resistance bone guard pouches
Our vacuum pouches are available in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses.