We provide our customers with expert advice on all styles, designs and options of big bags.
Sri Sai Pack have many years of experience in the packaging industry, so we understand your packaging needs. You’ll find all the information you need on our website to help you decide exactly the right packaging for your product requirements. Packaging is our business, we understand it. If you can’t find your perfect packaging, we’ll create a custom design, especially for your requirements. Just let our friendly expert team advise you on how best to find the right packaging for your products.
What is an FIBC big bag?
FIBC (Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container) or big bags (FIBCs, Bulk Bags, Jumbo Bags) are industrial containers made from flexible fabric, designed for transporting or storing free-flowing goods and materials.
Big bag packaging is required for many different free-flowing materials. In order to contain such materials correctly, big bags need to be well constructed for their purpose and strength. They also need to be practical to lift and move and able to withstand movement whilst filled without compromising the contents they hold. So it really is vital that you obtain the correct type of big packaging bags for the materials you need to transport.
Things To Consider Before Buying Big Bags:
- Consider the type of item you are packaging.
- Do you require a way of discharging the item?
- Will electrostatic discharge damage your product when it is being filled or discharged?
- What is the weight and volume of the product that you need to transport?
- What is the type of filling and the discharge mechanism required for the product being transported?
- How does the material behave when it flows?
- Will the big bag require multiple handlings?
- How do you intend for the bag to be lifted?
- Does the big bag require an inner coated lining in order to prevent seepage or prevent the product from getting damp?
- Is the product you are carrying liable to sift through the edges of the bag requiring the bag to be sift proofed at the seams?
- Is the product classified as dangerous or hazardous?
- Is the product a foodstuff?
- Will the bag be for single-trip or multi-trip use? (A safety factor of 6:1 indicates that the bag is strong enough to be emptied and refilled multiple times.)
It’s also important to look at the safe working loads that a bag can carry, for example, 1000 kg.
FIBC Big Bags Weight Allowed
There are several types of big packaging bags and they can be made for vastly different purposes. For example, big bags may need to carry between 50 and 2000kg of weight. As a result, the greater the weight of the product, the stronger the fabric grade must be to withstand that weight and also any movement which the big bag may be subjected to when it is transported and lifted.
Our FIBC bags are tested to ensure that they can carry 1000 times their own weight or a safe working load. Made primarily from polypropylene, a very strong material, this high strength thermoplastic is both strong and flexible, perfect for transporting heavy loose material. All bags have a test and certificate number along with the date of testing and date of manufacture, plus batch number, so you have peace of mind that the bag is genuine and safe.
All this information demonstrates the bag is tested to perform to a safety standard as well as providing full manufacture traceability about the production of the big bag. Extruded in tubular format, these polypropylene threads are then woven into a strong robust fabric which is certified to carry heavy loads of loose materials.
FIBC For Hazardous Materials
For customers dealing with hazardous our potentially hazardous materials, we supply ADR & UN certified big bags in a range of different sizes to cope with a variety of working lodads from 50kgs to 2000kgs. These are very safe to use and extremely strong and flexible thanks to the high grade woven polypropylene we use in the manufacturing process.
Food Grade Big Bags
We also have FIBC big bags that are suitable for both pharmaceuticals or food. Our HACCP, BRC, and ISO food grade certified quality big bags are made using 100% virgin grade material in a clean and sterile environment and feature external seams to prevent contamination.
Choose From Our Large Range Of Packaging Bags To Store And Ship Your Products