Hot Foil Printers
Hot foil printers are a low maintenance option for printing date and batch codes on cartons, sleeves and other packaging materials. Hot foil printers can also be used within industrial applications for product marking and identification information.
Hot foil printing (also known as hot stamp printing) is an established technology for coding, marking and overprinting on a wide range of packaging substrates. It works by a heated metal die pressing a pigmented hot foil tape against the packaging material.
Hot foil technology is reliable, economical and low maintenance, making it ideal for printing use by dates, lot numbers, batch codes and expiry dates. It is also versatile in that it can print metallic codes – something the other technologies cannot do.
Key Features and Benefits
- Exceptional print quality and durability – even small characters look crisp.
- Code in different orientations.
- Clean and dries instantly.
- Low initial and ongoing consumable costs.
- Minimal maintenance.
- Can be used without ribbon for debossing.